JOHN CRAIG was born in Abbey (Paisley) parish, Renfrewshire, and baptised
on the 10th of March 1783.
Son of Thomas Craig and Isobel Jakison. (OPR
Ref. 559/2, FR930)
JEAN MCFARLANE was born in Mearns, Renfrewshire, about 1785.
Daughter of DAVID MCFARLANE and ANN PATERSON.
David McFarlan and Anne Paterson were married in Eastwood on the 3rd of
December 1779. (OPR Ref. 562/2, FR468)
John and Jean are at Cluch or Cleugh Farm, Eastwood, on the 1841 and
- Ann Craig, born at Flender Farm, Mearns, on the 25th of May, 1808
and baptised on the 29th of May. (Transcribed from OPR)
- Isobel Craig, born at Flender on the
30th of November, 1809 and baptised on the 17th of December. (Transcribed
Isobel married Robert Howie, son of Allan
Howie and Janet Findlay.
- Thomas Craig, born at Greenbank Farm, Mearns, on the 12th of March,
1812 and baptised on the 29th of March. (Transcribed from OPR)
Thomas presumably died young, as a later son was also named Thomas.
- David Craig, born at Greenbank on the 1st of July, 1814 and baptised
on the 21st of July. (Transcribed from OPR)
- John Craig, born in Mearns and baptised on the 2nd of February, 1817.
- Janet Craig, born in Mearns and baptised on the 3rd of October, 1819.
- Thomas Craig, born at Burnside Farm, Mearns, on the 12th of July,
1823 and baptised on the 27th of July. (Transcribed from OPR)
- James Craig, born at Burnside on the 23rd of December, 1826 and baptised
on the 14th of January, 1827. (Transcribed from OPR)
David, Janet, Thomas and James are at Cleuch on the 1841 and 1851
The farms of Flender, Greenbank and Burnside were all within close distance
of each other in the parish of Mearns, Renfrewshire.
John Craig died at Cleugh on the 12th of August 1856. He was buried in Mearns
Jean McFarlane died at Cleugh on the 21st of February 1860.